Never do today what you can do tomorrow. Something may occur to make you regret your premature action.~ Aaron Burr
American – Politician / February 6, 1756 – September 14, 1836
Holidays and Celebrations:
- International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation
- Pay-a-Compliment Day
- National Frozen Yogurt Day
Some days need no further explanation. Today is the International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation.
Celebrate Pay-a-Compliment Day. Try giving compliments. It costs you nothing, but could mean the world to someone else. According to Womanly Skill there is a correct way to give a compliment. So practice this until it is second nature:
- Consider the context. You can compliment anyone as long as you keep your words situation-appropriate.
- Be sincere. The recipient will sense when you aren’t being honest.
- Be specific.
- Focus on essence, not appearance.
- Be generous.
Always celebrate food. Today is National Frozen Yogurt Day, so be certain to have a frozen yogurt today. 😉
I love “shooting” birds in Florida. A quick walk once around Zephyr Lake in Zephyr Park and I submitted 12 of my photos to iNauralist. All 12 were research grade. 10 were added to the collection of Florida Birds. I swear the birds in Florida love to pose for the camera. Wood Storks, Roseate Spoon-bills, tri-coloured herons, little blue herons, snowy egrets, Ibis, black-bellied whistling ducks…