A first-rate organizer is never in a hurry. He is never late.
He always keeps up his sleeve a margin for the unexpected.
~ Arnold Bennett (May 27, 1867 – March 27, 1931)
In my previous life as a Project Manager one of my biggest pet peeves was that some people thought they were so important they would show up late to every meeting.
- Traffic will always be bad, so allow for the extra time. Plan the trip.
- Make sure to include time to “sharpen the axe” so you can be more productive.
- Get enough sleep so you can be alert.
- Invest in your relationships so you will have relationships.
- Plant a garden so you can enjoy flowers and eat fresh tomatoes.
- Take walks to keep your muscles strong enough to walk.